Do You Really Want A German Shepherd Dog? – Let’s Find Out
In America, one of the most loved and famous dogs breeds are of German Shepherd dogs. This dog breed is considered to be a very intelligent and devoted one. Its versatility and audacity are unmatched. His excellence in different pieces of training like military and police service, search and rescue, drug detection, etc. makes it even a more favored breed.
- If you stay away from home most of the time, then do not have German Shepherd dogs as family dogs. As when they are left alone at home, they become more anxious and bored, to express their feelings they bark, chew, and dig.
- As he is an active breed, he must be kept working, playing, and learning most of the time.
- They have a tendency to be suspicious of a stranger, hence give your German Shepherd dogs as family dogs experience and dog training. Take them to new places and let them socialize with other people.
- You need to brush him several times in a week, as they shed a lot.
- Do not chain your German Shepherd dogs as family dogs, it leads to frustration and aggression in them. They like to spend time with the family indoors.
The problem with German Shepherd Dogs Barking
At times, the barking of German Shepherd dogs becomes an annoying problem. The normal barking is absolutely fine, but excessive barking is a sign of increasing aggression in the dog.
Major reasons for German Shepherd Dogs Barking
- The breed has a peculiar trait of barking, as it gives them the satisfaction of playing their role as a responsible guard.
- Dogs live in their territory and very protective about it, so if they sense any threat to their territory they bark. While German Shepherd Dogs Barking becomes aggressive in such a condition.
- As German Shepherd dogs are great watchdogs, they bark aloud at any sound or thing.
Playing, exercising, and staying happy leaves them happy, they bark happily in these activities, but that can also be disturbing at times.
- To seek attention or when they feel ignored is a pattern German Shepherd Dogs Barking fits into.
- Excessive barking along with compulsive behavior like running in circles is a sign of increasing anxiety.
Types of German Shepherd Dogs
- American / Canadian show lines – it is amongst the most popular breed in North America. They are comparatively more laid back, also have less energy and lower force. They are good family pets, which are always eager to please, obedient, agile, and herd.
- West German show lines – they are the most stunning and good looking. Their attributes are not confined to their good looks, they make great protectors and family pets.
- West German working lines – their major focus is on stable temperament, strong drives, and exceptional working ability. They have calmer behavior and wonderful colors.
- DDR / East German working lines – they manage well in dreadful weather conditions and long working hours. They have strong bones, big heads, and broad shoulders. They are good in patrolling territory borders.
- Czech working lines – they are acknowledged for their extraordinary working drives. They are more responsive, lively, and intense, in comparison to other types of German Shepherd dogs.